Wednesday, August 31, 2011

3 months ago today...

…we welcomed the sweetest, happiest, most beautiful baby boy into the world. Little did we know how much our world would be forever changed that day, but in the best possible way. As my husband says, “It’s like Christmas every morning.” That’s how excited we are to see him first thing in the morning. There is no better way to start my day than by getting a big gummy smile from my sweet boy when I go in to wake him up in the morning. We can’t get enough of him!

I love that fact that he is living up to the meaning of his name already, which means bold or strong. He embodies this in so many wonderful ways. But we have known this from when he was in the womb when he was kicking and punching my insides! He is a feisty little guy, fighting us during diaper and clothing changes. He has been lifting and holding up his head since the day we brought him home from the hospital. During tummy time, he gets so frustrated and ends up pushing himself up even more. Already at 3 months, he knows what he wants and when he wants it. Additionally, just like the character in the Bible, we pray that as he grows he will fully/wholly follow the Lord (Numbers 14:24, 32:12, Joshua 14:8-9).

I want to take some time to mention how lucky I am that this day does not signify the end of maternity leave. I thank my wonderful husband for letting me be a stay at home mom. Even if we have to stick to a strict budget and won’t have the “finer things,” it is well worth it to be the primary caregiver to our baby boy. I love my new job and its many benefits!

Some highlights about Baby C as of today:
-he is growing out of size 0-3 months
-he wears size 1-2 Pampers diapers
-he weighs about 14 lbs and is about 24 in long, at best guess
-he sleeps 7-8 hours a night
-he eats 6 times a day
-he smiles most of his awake time
-he has started to laugh, and it’s the best sound
-he also has been babbling and cooing, and those are the second best sounds
-he is very serious when not smiling
-he does NOT stop moving, well he’s always been like that
-he is starting to reach out for us
-he has found his hands and feet, and is in awe of them
-he’s happiest when sitting up, which leads to the next point
-he loves to explore his environment, taking in everything with his big, alert eyes

Baby C, it is such a blessing to call you our son. You are a special gift from God. You bring so much joy and happiness to our lives. We love you, and look forward to many more months and years of your sweetness.

I’ll end with some pictures of my 3 month old! Like I said, he is constantly moving, so trying to take pictures of him these days that aren’t blurry can be challenging. And, I just couldn’t capture a smile today. They were either way too blurry or I was too slow. Oh well, enjoy anyway!



I know it’s blurry, but his expression is too cute to not post.





No comments:

Post a Comment