Saturday, August 6, 2011

Praise God from whom all blessings flow

After a little over two months, I’m back! Well, I'll try! I’ve been meaning to blog sooner, but you know how it goes. The longer you wait, the harder it is and the more you have to say. It just gets daunting. Well, I thought that today would be no better day to reflect on my southern life in the Northland. My husband and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary today! I can’t believe it has been 6 years already.



So happy to finally be husband and wife!





A little history about us. We met the summer before our junior year of high school on a church youth group retreat in Panama City, Fl. From there, a friendship developed. He became my best friend (and still is!). I could go to him about anything and he could always make me smile and laugh. We hung out a lot, mostly in my driveway but we had fun, and spent hours talking on the internet late at night (remember the days of AIM?). We started dating half way through our junior year, so that was in 2000. We went to UGA together and pretty much knew our freshman year that we were going to be married one day. On New Year’s Eve in 2004, he proposed to me at Kirk’s Restaurant. He always said he would NOT propose to me at a restaurant or on a holiday – ha! Of course, I said yes. I married my best friend a little over 7 months later. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made! He is the second best thing in my life – with Jesus being first. We honeymooned in St. John, USVI. We agree that was the best vacation we have ever had. We made so many wonderful memories there. We started our married life in St. Louis a few days after we returned from our honeymoon, where we both attended graduate school at Covenant Seminary. We then moved to Minnesota about a year ago. It has been exciting to see where the Lord has taken us, and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us in the future!

For the past 5 anniversaries, we either have spent elegant nights away or gone on elaborate vacations to celebrate our anniversary. But this year is different, and that is perfectly fine with me! We will enjoy dinner at a nice restaurant with the company of our hopefully sleeping baby. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate our anniversary this year than by spending the day with my love and the beautiful product of our love!

I am so thankful for the blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon me and my little family.

Oh, and for those who don’t know, baby C was born on May 31. I’ll blog about him soon!

Happy anniversary, Babe! I love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment