Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Starting Solids

We introduced Baby C to solids a week and a half ago (October 22 to be exact – since this is a make-shift baby book until I can find one I like). We started him out on oatmeal, since his doctor said we didn’t have to start with rice cereal. He loved it from the beginning! He didn’t spit it out or make a disgusted face at it. He was definitely ready for solids. After a week of eating oatmeal (which we thickened as the week went on), we tried green beans. He took to it right away and loved it! After a few days, we added carrots for the menu last night. Once again, couldn’t get enough! We have a good eater on our hands! I love the way his little mouth forms, like a baby bird, when he wants another bite. We can’t get it to him fast enough! It’s still so hard for me to believe that my baby boy is eating solids and that he is now 5 months old. It makes me sad how quickly time has flown by. But I love every minute with my sweet boy. He brings so much joy to my life. The Lord has blessed us richly.

Here are some pictures we took over the past week and a half of him eating. He’s just so cute!

Trying oatmeal for the first time
First few bites



Ready for more






Trying green beans for the first time (and Go Dawgs!)



Trying carrots for the first time


Just to update, still no teeth. I’m very shocked by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment